Monday, July 18, 2011

Add road!

A couple of months ago we joined a local fitness club. It's been a very good thing for us - especially because we get out of the house and stop working at a reasonable hour. I've been a member of other fitness clubs but one was before the days of spinning and while I was at the other I think the trend started. I was too intimidated to go. Thankfully for me Sevren had been a member of a club that offered spin and went to their classes and loved it.

Guess what our new club offers? Spin. Sevren was excited, I was nervous and still intimidated. Thankfully my first class is behind me and I'm now somewhere in the double digits although it still takes me like 10 minutes to set up the bike. I also have to admit that I'm hooked. Even though I can't always "add road" when the instructor tells us to, I try.For those who don't know what "add road" means while spinning (or riding a one wheeled stationary bike as hard as you can) it means to add resistance aka make your workout harder/more intense. I also can now stand up during the ride - which wasn't possible to begin with. Baby steps or whatever they should be called in spin. Do I have a favorite part of the class (besides the end)? Why yes, it's the music. It's pumping dance music most of the time which is awesome.

Here's a picture of the dreaded, I mean dreamy, spin bike that I'm  glued to for an hour (as long as sweat doesn't make me slip off!) at least 2x a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment