Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 Goals: Exercise & Nutrition

Happy 2011!!

It seems like the older I get the faster the year goes by. I can't believe it's already the beginning of a new year! I thought that sharing my goals for 2011 here might help me stay motivated and keep me updating this blog. I'm going to have to figure out how to add pictures from our home computer though because all this text might put us all to sleep.

Exercise & Nutrition Goals
At the end of last year I committed to run a 5K early in 2011, well early 2011 is February 5. Looking at the calendar that's only about a month from now. eek! I haven't run in a while, I've been on 2 walks but that's a long ways from running 3 miles or so. I better get moving, huh?!

I'm hoping that this first 5K goes well and I sign up for another after it because I can see them as a good motivator to get not only me up and moving but my hubby too. He's not running but the exercise is good for both of us.

When we're not out run/walking the plan is to have our "friend" Tony Horton on in our living room getting us moving with P90X. We did the program for 4 weeks last year and liked it. My thought is if we can alternate between Tony and run/walk we'll be moving most days of the week and that's a good thing.

Of course with all this exercise it means that we better be eating right so, we're going to try to get on the SBD (South Beach Diet) bandwagon again too. We did this 2 or 3 years ago and had good results. I think only one of our eating habits from that time didn't change too drastically - dinner. The rest of the meals, you guessed it, no longer look like SBD or even closely related. The good thing is this time is that we've done it once so we know what to expect and I understand most of the cooking challenges I will be facing. Thankfully, I've found a good website with some recipes to make breakfast a little easier. It's my favorite meal of the day but so hard in Phase 1.

Next time I'll share a few other goals for 2011...

No comments:

Post a Comment